Saturday, January 5, 2013

Welcome to ESLD Guide

In December 2010 my mother was diagnosed with End Stage Liver Disease at the age of 45. It seemed like all at once my family and I were faced with decisions we did not know how to make and a disease we knew very little about. At the time of my mother's diagnosis I began doing research on her condition but I quickly found that a single resource for information and support was very difficult if not impossible to find. This created a desire within me to design a place where patients and caregivers of the patient with ESLD could turn to for information, support, and guidance during a very difficult time in their lives.


ESLD Guide's Mission

Here at ESLD Guide we will cover a wide variety of topics related to End Stage Liver Disease. We will look at all of the known symptoms of the disease, possible treatment options, and various ideas to help the ESLD patient lead a fulfilling life for as long as possible. We welcome the input and feedback of our readers. If at any time you have a question, concern, or suggestion on a topic you would like to see covered, please email us at esldguide@gmail.com. We hope to be a source of inspiration and hope to anyone who is dealing with End Stage Liver Disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment